sexta-feira, 16 de agosto de 2019

ASSURANCE AND JOY OF SALVATION - Hymn "I've Found a Friend" with Commentary & Bible Dictionaries




I. FRIENDSHIP













1.1. Jesus Christ: The Better Friend





  
















1) English

Hosea 11:4a “I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love..” [KJV]

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. [KJV]


2) Português


Oséias 11:4a “4 Atraí-os com cordas humanas, com cordas de amor;...” [ARC]

João 15:13 Ninguém tem maior amor do que este: de dar alguém a sua vida pelos seus amigos. 14 Vós sereis meus amigos, se fizerdes o que eu vos mando. 15 Já vos não chamarei servos, porque o servo não sabe o que faz o seu senhor, mas tenho-vos chamado amigos, porque tudo quanto ouvi de meu Pai vos tenho feito conhecer.   [ARC]







I've Found a Friend




1. I’ve found a Friend, oh, such a Friend!
  He loved me ere I knew Him;
He drew me with the cords of love,
  And thus He bound me to Him.
And round my heart still closely twine
  Those ties which naught can sever,
For I am His, and He is mine,
  Forever and forever.


2. I’ve found a Friend, oh, such a Friend!
  He bled, He died to save me;
And not alone the gift of life,
  But His own self He gave me.
Naught that I have my own I call,
  I hold it for the Giver;
My heart, my strength, my life, my all,
  Are His, and His forever.
3. I’ve found a Friend, oh, such a Friend!
  So kind, and true, and tender,
So wise a Counsellor and Guide,
  So mighty a Defender!
From Him who loves me now so well,
  What power my soul can sever?
Shall life or death, or earth or hell?
  No? I am His forever.












Icons and illustration of flag of Brazil

5) Português



1. Que grande amigo é meu Jesus,
tão santo, bom e terno!
Sem outro igual, o Seu poder,
e o Seu amor, superno.
Para esta ovelha sem vigor
olhou com simpatia;
e Sua tão bondosa mão
serviu-me então de guia.


2. Que grande amigo é meu Jesus,
de longe quis buscar-me!
Desceu, chegou, sofreu, penou,
morreu p’ra resgatar-me!
As glórias do Seu santo lar
renovam meu alento;
pois breve espero receber
o Seu acolhimento.


3. Que grande amigo é meu Jesus,
meu guia tão prudente,
meu protetor tão ideal,
e capitão valente!
Sou de Jesus, Jesus é meu
por tempos sempiternos,
e fruirei de Deus no céu
favores Seus paternos.

















Sharing Good News 
Compartilhando Boas Novas





EVANGELISMO PELA INTERNET
Estudo Bíblico no Evangelho Segundo João

  








Bible Dictionaries

search photo: search search.gif




  


Picture of the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia 5-volume set.


International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
ISBE Main Index:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


    






Holman Bible Dictionary
Browse by:     A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  Y  Z

    





Read & Study the Bible

jesus is the way photo: study animatedbiblestudyhgclr7bl.gif
 














  

Images



Photobucket.png



 


Icons and illustrations of flags


  




  
   






Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário